- Social Security - $544 billion
- Medicare - $325 billion
- Medicaid - $186 billion
- All other mandatory programs - $357 billion. These programs include Food Stamps, Unemployment Compensation, Child Nutrition, Child Tax Credits, Supplemental Security for the blind and disabled, Student Loans, and Retirement / Disability programs for Civil Servants, the Coast Guard and the Military
Is anyone still seriously considering dumping another $1 trillion dollars into this government-run ponzi scheme?
What kind of health insurance company would only collect 1/2 of what it spends on claims year-after-year, after year? I'll tell you. A government-run health insurance company. Like that commercial says Mr. president, "You Need A Plan!"
Solutions abound, but what Obama is proposing isn't one of them.
To even begin an 'honest' discussion on Social Security, Medicare, Government Option Health Care, or any other 'reform' proposed by ‘government workers’, you first need to get honest with the public, and then your proposals had better include the following:
- Reductions in government spending
- Reductions in government programs
- Privatization of government entitlement programs
- Budget balancing initiatives
- Incentives for private investment
- Incentives for private business growth
- Incentives for private job creation
- and, Policies that promote individual liberty